Friday, April 24, 2009

learning contract

brief of learning contract


Working title: A hen and bowling pin

Short description: It takes place in a chicken farm. A hen was unable to produce an egg and the owner was frustrated. The owner decided if the hen does not produce an egg by the end of the week, the hen will be killed. However a prize awaits her the very next day, a bowling pin egg.

Primary aim: The hen expression when she is laying the egg.

I will know I have achieved my primary aim if: It is like the cartoon Cow and Chicken from Cartoon Network. I post it in my blog and receive feedback from my classmates.

Secondary aims: The animation will be in a vector style.

I will know I have achieved my secondary aims if: It is similar to Looney Tunes style.

Personal motivation: This is the first animation that I am doing by myself and I hope that I can produce a good work. This is a project that I can add in to my portfolio.

PROCESS

Full project description: Synopsis: It takes place in a chicken farm. A hen was unable to produce an egg and the owner was frustrated. The owner decided if the hen does not produce an egg by the end of the week, the hen will be killed. However a prize awaits her the very next day, a bowling pin egg.

Format: 2D animation.

Duration: Less than 2 minutes

Style: Vector, flat colours with outlines.

Genre: Comedy

Anticipated difficulties: The drawings and the time management. Drawing the hen’s expression and the character design.

Research requirements: Location research: Images of the environment eg. Farm and house. Pictures of the bowling pins and bowling ball.

Software techniques: Adobe Flash and Photoshop

Facts: Research on the process of laying an egg.


OUTCOMES


Age range: 6 – 12 years-old

Gender: Male and female

Geographical region: Asia

Social group: Kids who loves to watch TV and cartoons

Viewing reading & listening habits: Those who likes animals and bowling

Are there any secondary target groups? Those who likes surprises, animals and bowling


what effect do you hope to have on your target groups?

From this animation, I hope the audience will be bewildered and feel surprise and laughter within them.

No comments:

Post a Comment